Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Frost

Brrrrr! Last night was absolutely clear and even colder than the night before. The night air brought our first frost. It was very light and seemed confined to the lowest swale in the meadow. I am definitely going to wait for the sun to thaw me before I head to work today.


[The tomato, apple and grape harvest is progressing nicely]

We had several visitors yesterday, one of whom had procured a sanitizer for the new kitchen. We unloaded it so the work crew can decide where they want it - when they get here, that is. Nobody on the land knows what the dates are for this work party. Maybe it's a secret. :)

[The new sanitizer in the unfinished kitchen]

Yesterday afternoon I saw a Ruffed Growse very slowly eating her way through the forest in front of my cabin.

[Image from iBird Explorer, a very handy bird identification app]

Weaving is still slow, but the bobbin winder arrives tomorrow, and it'll be full steam ahead!

No comments: