Saturday, September 19, 2009

East Ridge Panorama

[Today's cloudy sunrise as seen from my tea bench]

Today is the third day of fevery sickness. In the distance I can hear another visitor coughing, too. Thankfully, it's just a few of us who are this bad. They brought some Robitussin from town so the symptoms are less than yesterday, but I still feel like someone beat me with a stick and stole my brain. The skies are grey, which seems just right to me.

Since I've started posting the Picture-A-Day on my blog I've been wishing I could create panoramas on my phone. Well, it turns out I can!

The app is called AutoStitch. It costs $0.99, and is dead simple to use. You take some overlapping pictures and click 'Stitch'. It analyzes the pictures, stitches them together and gives you the resulting panorama. Then you can crop it down to rectangular if you want.


[Choosing photos to make a panorama]



[Cropping out the jagged edges from the panorama stitching process]

Now I'll be able to show Wolf Creek's scenery in a way that's more like being here, wrapped in tree-covered hills. Enjoy!

As for weaving... It looks like one more day off will have me strong enough to do it. That 60" wide loom takes real strength to operate. I am going a little stir crazy and can't wait to get back to weaving.

No comments: